Any questions, problems, or suggestions regarding Score Keeper, please email admin.
Score Keeper is a tool designed for the parents of gymnastic athletes at Ocean Tumblers Gymnastic School. It's function is to store each meet information, tracking score and placement on each event. At the end of each season, a plaque form can be easily printed from the stored information. SK is capable of storing the information of more than one athlete.
To access SK, you must have an active PHOX or DPT subscription and also be logged into your account. Once logged in, you can access SK under Membership from the main toolbar. You can also access it by going to My Account from the top toolbar. When in My Account, select "Score Keeper" from the typed menu on the My Account form.
- When you enter SK, a list of all the stored entries will display on the screen. Just the athletes name, competition name and date, and the level of the athlete for that competition will be shown. To view the scores and placement, you can select "Edit".
- The entries will be originally sorted in descending order based on the competition date.
- There is a sort box. If you would like to change the sorting of the entries. The sort can be based on athletes first or last name, the competition date or name, or by the level. The sort function will be helpful when maintaining the entries of more than one athlete.
- From the Main Display, you can edit an entry. Here you can correct any misspelled words. You can key in the scores and placement of each event. You will not be able to key in the All Around. It will automatically be calculated as you go.
- You must click "Save" for any of your changes to be saved. If you do not click save, you will need to reenter the information. You will receive a message saying that your record has been saved. Click Return to go back to the previous window or select from any the above menus.
- To DELETE a record -- Check the box that says to delete this record. Once you click "Save", the record will be permanently removed. If you have removed a record by mistake, you will need to re-enter the information.
How to Add a New Meet Score
-When adding a new entry, you do not have to complete it all at once. You can always come back to edit the entry. Once you select "Add New", the "Enter Meet Information" screen will display. You must enter the Athletes First Name, Athletes Last Name, Competition Name, Competition Date, Meet Type and Level at which the athlete competed for the meet being entered. All fields are required.
- Selection of Meet Type is important. I will be used to fill in the plaque information form. - Options are Meet, State Meet, Regional, Eastern or National.
- Once all the information has been entered, click Enter Scores. You will see a second screen labeled "Scores and Placements". If you do not wish to enter the scores at this time, you can select "Complete". Your entry will be saved and will display on the Main Screen. From the Main Screen you then can select "Edit" to enter the scores. If you do not click "Complete", the entry will not display on the Main Display. You will need to go back to "Add New". The information that was entered prior will still be in the fields.
-The scores default to 0.000. You may enter the score in the this box. The next box is the space for the placement for that event. You just need to enter the whole number. You can not enter characters in this field. The events are all listed in the order of Vault Bars Beam Floor All Around.
- You do not need to enter the All Around Score as it will automatically calculate after you select Complete.
-It is not necessary to enter the Team Score and placement for each meet. It is only necessary to enter these fields for the State Competition for it to be displayed on the plaque form.
-The notes field is for your personal use.
- Once you are finished, you must select "Complete". If you do not hit complete, the information that you have entered under Scores and Placements will not be saved. AND it will not be there when you come back to it. Therefore, select "Complete". You can always make changes and complete the entries from the "Edit" screen.
- One suggestion - In the beginning of the year, when all the meets are known, you can type in all the entries, leaving the scores 0.000. On meet day, you can bring up the entry and key in the scores in real time. Remember to save the entry!
Search for a specific record
-If there is a particular entry that you would like to find, or just list all the meets for a specific level that the athlete has completed, you can do this with the "Search" form.
- You can enter a search term in each filed or none. If you do not enter any search terms, when you select "Display", all your records entered will be displayed.
- If you enter a Start Date, then you must enter an End Date. The End Date can not be less than the Start Date but they can be equal.
- Select "Display". The entries will be filtered to display your search results. The highest score for each event will be displayed in red.
- You can access the "Edit" screen for the entry if you need to make changes.
Create your Plaque Form
- At the end of each meet season, the gym needs a plaque sheet completed for each athlete. Select the tab Plaque Form in order to easily complete your plaque sheet.
- Enter the Athletes First Name and the Athletes Last Name.
- Enter the Start Date and the End Date of the Season. You do not have to enter the exact first and last date of the competitions. A range of dates will do as long as they do not overlap with the previous season.
- Select Display
- The Fields are all calculated based on the entries that you have made. The level listed will be the level on the State Meet entry. Additionally, the team placement at state, AA placement at State and the AA score at State are all calculated from the State Meet entry. If you do not have a state meet entry or your athlete was not able to compete state, you can create an entry with just the competition information and leave the score with the default of 0.000.
- The Highest Achievements will automatically calculate. All top 10 Awards for State and if applicable, Regional, Eastern and Nationals will automatically calculate and display.
- Next you will need to select your additional lines to be included on the plaque. The highest score for each event has been displayed in red and will be selected. You can uncheck the box that you do not want and check other boxes that you would like to include.
- Once you have made your selection, click the Create PDF.
- You will need Adobe Reader to view the file. Once you have the file, you can save it to your phone, computer, or where ever. You may then print it out or verify if you can email it to the gym.